1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
3-1/2 peaches, peeled and coarsely chopped
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup butter softened
1-1/2 cups sugar
3 large eggs
2 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced (about 1 lb.)
Vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350F. Sift together first 7 ingredients; sift again.
- Process chopped peaches in a food processor or blender until smooth. Stir in buttermilk.
- Beat butter and sugar at high speed with a heavy-duty electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Add peach mixture, and beat until well blended.
- Layer sliced peaches in a greased 13- x 9-inch pan.
- Fold flour mixture into butter mixture. Pour batter over sliced peaches in pan. Place pan in a large roasting pan, and add boiling water to roasting pan to a depth of 1-inch.
- Bake at 350F for 50 minutes or until set (pudding will still be moist.) Serve warm or cold with ice cream